March 25, 2016 until March 27, 2016
Categories: IFSA/FWQ 4 Star Events
Judging Criteria used by the International Freeskiers and Snowboarders Association (IFSA)
- Line Choice: Each competitor chooses his/her line or route down the course. High scores are given for choosing difficult routes. Difficulty is determined by steepness, exposure, air, snow and course conditions.
- Control: Competitors must remain in control at all times. Any loss of control will result in a lower score. Skillful recoveries will reduce penalties.
- Fluidity: Constant direction towards a goal. This includes continuity, pace, and smooth transitions between sections of the course. Falling or stopping can have a negative impact in this category.
- Technique: Competitors are judged on style and turn quality relating to big mountain freeriding.
- Style & Energy: This encompasses the pace, energy and creativity with which a competitor attacks or descends his/her chosen line or route. Style focuses on freestyle execution of maneuvers.
Judging and other info can be found on http://www.freeskiers.org/judging.html